United Way hires community engagement coordinator


By William Hudgins

Special to The SUN

United Way of Southwest Colorado is pleased to announce that Bill Hudgins has accepted the position of Archuleta County community engagement coordinator.

Hudgins has been a resident of Pagosa Springs for 16 years, during which time he has been involved in various community volunteer organizations and was an owner and managing partner of Sunetha Property Management. He has considerable experience in working with nonprofit organizations, organizing volunteer groups and planning fundraising events.

Hudgins stated that Archuleta County was 40 percent shy of its 2014-15 goal of raising $63,000 for the United Way partner organizations and has plans to rebuild this important funding source in 2015-16 for local critical service providers.

He will be launching an all-out campaign to solicit volunteers and contributors and points out that 99 percent of donations from the county stay in the county — the other 1 percent goes to valuable support and training services from the United Way network.

The full version of this story is available in the print edition and e-edition of the Pagosa Springs SUN. Subscribe today by calling (970)264-2100 or click here.