Social Security announces new online service for replacement Medicare cards


By Marian Lark

Special to The SUN

The Social Security Administration introduced the expansion of online services available through its my Social Security portal available at

Carolyn W. Colvin, acting commissioner of Social Security, announced that Medicare beneficiaries can now obtain a replacement card if they have lost, damaged or simply need to replace it online using a my Social Security account.

“I’m excited about this newest online feature to the agency’s ‘my Social Security portal’ and the added convenience we’re providing Medicare beneficiaries,” Colvin said. “Any ‘my Social Security account’ holder who misplaces their Medicare card will be able to request a replacement card using their online ‘my Social Security account.’”

The full version of this story is available in the print edition and e-edition of the Pagosa Springs SUN. Subscribe today by calling (970)264-2100 or click here.