Beginning Dec. 7, Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) maintenance crews will repair potholes along Colo. 151, mile points 10-33.
Motorists traveling between Ignacio and Chimney Rock National Monument should plan for full stops and up to 15-minute delays, Monday through Friday, for the remainder of the month.
CDOT crews will work as swiftly as possible to complete the surface treatment by the end of the month; however, resurfacing operations are weather dependent.
Daytime work hours range from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Expect one-lane alternating traffic and 15-minute delays.
Traffic will be guided by cones, signs and flagging personnel.
Motorists will encounter 40 mph speed reductions.
The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones:
• Do not speed in work zones. Obey the posted speed limits.
• Stay alert. Expect the unexpected.
• Watch for workers. Drive with caution.
• Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
• Avoid using mobile devices such as phones while driving in work zones.
• Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
• Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
• Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
• Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
• Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.
• Be patient.