Water district capital projects update
The Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD) Board of Directors elected to form a separate capital improvement plan projects committee during its last meeting on July 17.
The following is an update on the status of several capital improvement projects budgeted for 2014. All data is current through June 30.
Water capital projects
- Town water transmission line — Under construction. Budgeted: $2,540,475. Cost-to-date: $411,559, with $144,759 carried from 2013. Additional committed funds: $11,200 for engineering, $1,874,738 for Hammerlund Contract. Reporting $242,978 under budget to date.
- San Juan Water Treatment Plant pretreatment allowances — At state for approval. Budgeted: $2 million. Cost-to-date: $342,503. Additional committed funds: $1,181,676 for engineering, system design and MIEX unit (MIEX is the pretreatment infrastructure that will allow PAWSD to treat water from Lake Forest in the plant). Reporting $475,821 under budget.
- Commercial water fill station — Budgeted: $63,000. No costs have been incurred to date. Reporting $63,000 under budget.
- Leak detection and distribution system repairs — In progress. Budgeted: $50,000. Cost-to-date: $36,236. Additional committed: $20,764 to Wachs Water Services. Reporting $7,000 over budget.
- Water master plan — Budgeted: $90,000. No costs to date. Reporting $90,000 under budget.
- PSSGID (Pagosa Springs General Improvement District) sewer collection line — In construction. Budgeted: $1,703,000. Was not budgeted for completion in 2014. Cost-to-date: $1,213,131. Additional committed funds: $1,372,683 for engineering and to PSSGID. Reporting $882,814 over budget.
- Sewer dump station — Delivered, not installed. Budgeted: $86,000. Cost-to-date: $48,758. Additional committed: $42,244 for gravel, concrete and asphalt. Reporting $5,002 over budget.
- Wastewater model — Budgeted: $95,000. No costs yet incurred. Reporting $95,000 under budget.
Real property installed equipment
The following does not include all capital projects under this subheading, only those currently underway or completed.
- Asphalt resealing — In construction. Budgeted: $42,500. Cost-to-date: $5,194. Additional committed: $29,977. Reporting $7,329 under budget.
- Wastewater treatment plant, excess air — State approval, ready to install. Budgeted: $41,500. Cost-to-date: $1,481. Reporting $40,019 under budget.
- Distribution system upgrades, PRV ALT valves — Delivered, not installed. Budgeted: $230,000. Cost-to-date: $81,734. Additional committed: $4,250 for engineering. Reporting $144,016 under budget.
- Vehicle replacement — Awaiting delivery. Budgeted: $90,000. Cost-to-date: $1,167. Additional committed: $86,568 to auto group. Reporting $2,265 under budget.
- Snowball water treatment plant filter media — Complete. Budgeted: $164,640. Cost-to-date: $68,359. Reporting $96,281 under budget.
- Aerial manlift and material locator — Purchased and in use. Budgeted: $10,000. Cost-to-date: $10,900. Reporting $900 over budget.
- Replace radio communication equipment — Purchased and in use. Budgeted: $27,000. Cost-to-date: $29,439. Reporting $2,439 over budget.
scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ style=”border:none; overflow:hidden; width:75px; height:62px;” allowTransparency=”true”>