- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
A work session and regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the San Juan Water Conservancy District have been scheduled for Monday, Oct. 14, at 4 and 5 p.m. respectively. The work session and meeting will be held at the district’s administrative office located at 46 Eaton Drive, Suite 5.
The purpose of the work session is to discuss water matters related to the proposed Dry Gulch Reservoir project. The board of directors is expected to enter into executive session for the purposes of discussion of specific legal questions to legal counsel concerning pending water court litigation and related negotiations, and related to the Dry Gulch Project, pursuant to Sections 24-6-402(4)(b) and 24-6-402(4)(e), C.R.S.
Following is the agenda.
1. Call to order.
2. Executive session.
3. Approval of Aug. 12, 2013, minutes.
4. Consideration of recognition of Jack DeLange.
5. Discussion and consideration of Dry Gulch Reservoir project:
• Update from Rod Proffitt
• PAWSD resolution terminating the amended and restated Intergovernmental Agreement concerning the Dry Gulch project between the PAWSD and the SJWCD and Notice of Termination of Amended and Restated IGA.
• Southern Ute Tribe.
• Marketing plan — request for proposals.
• Release of liability for Laverty family for Southwest Land Alliance work product.
6. Update on water rights cases.
7. Consideration of district bylaws.
8. Consideration of appointment of officers.
9. Consideration of 2014 Weather Modification Program.
10. Consideration of designation of member representative for Colorado Special Districts Property and Liability Pool.
11. Consideration of request from Colorado Humanities for funding to study Colorado water issues.
12. Consideration of appointment to board of directors from Dave Sterner.
13. Any other business.