- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
By Leanne Goebel
Special to The PREVIEW
The Pagosa MAKERS Expo & Tour will take place Oct. 12-13. A hybrid between a studio tour and a MAKERS expo, it is a fun and interactive maze of exhibits, displays and demonstrations by those in Archuleta County who make stuff, create objects, design things, invent gadgets and concoct things.
Applications are now available and MAKERS are asked to submit their entries for consideration.
We are looking for MAKERS who fit into these categories (and others):
• Art cars.
• Fine art and crafts.
• Speakers, poets and musicians.
• Amateur rocketry.
• Student projects.
• Clothing, fiber and quilting.
• Rube Goldberg groups.
• HAM radio operators.
• Brewing, wine and spirit making.
• Knitting, crochet and needlepoint.
• Unusual tools or machines.
• Soaps, cosmetics, aromatherapy.
• Edible arts and molecular gastronomy (food vendors will be considered only if they meet all Colorado legal requirements for being a food reseller. For more information on Colorado Food Vendor Laws please visit www.advancecolorado.com/working-colorado/business-licensing/food-vendor). Please contact Leanne.Goebel@gmail.com if you are a food vendor and wish to participate in the PME&T. Food vendors will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Anything else that you MAKE.
The expo portion of the event will happen at SHY RABBIT Contemporary Arts and the Pagosa Springs Center for the Arts. The PME&T Production Team will curate and select MAKERS in order to have a broad and diverse presentation across categories, and we have a limited number of booth spaces available for each category. Booth spaces will be tabletop exhibits in 8-footx8-foot areas and include one draped table and one chair. The cost is $50 for non-selling MAKERS and $75 for those who wish to sell their wares.
The tour portion of the event will include MAKERS with their own studio or workshop or commercial businesses that feature local MAKERS. These MAKERS will be provided a tour sign, included on the event map and listed in the event program. MAKERS with their own studio or workshop pay $75, while commercial businesses are asked to pay $100 for inclusion.
The Pagosa MAKERS Expo & Tour will be intensely marketed around the region with the intention of bringing cultural tourists to the area to enjoy the autumn colors and experience all the creativity and innovation hidden away in Pagosa country.
Pick up an application at SHY RABBIT Contemporary Arts, 333 Bastille Drive, Unit B-1, or request one by e-mailing Leanne.Goebel@gmail.com.