- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
The office of Archuleta County Veterans Service provides assistance to qualified military veterans and their families, or a veteran’s survivors, in applying to and in obtaining U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs program assistance, benefits and claims. This assistance is provided within the guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Colorado Department of Military and Veteran Affairs. This is a mandated program of the state of Colorado.
For further information on VA benefits, call or stop by the Archuleta County Veterans Service Office, located in the Senior Center in the Ross Aragon Community Center on Hot Springs Boulevard.
The best way to contact me is to set up an appointment at home or in the office so I can schedule a specific time in order to answer and assist each veteran in Archuleta County.
I will be out of the office on the following days for regularly scheduled meetings:
• Vets4Vets: Tuesday mornings, 9 a.m.-noon.
• Arboles Community Center, first and third Thursdays. Back around 2 p.m.
• Pagosa Outreach Connection, 8:30-10 a.m. every Thursday.
• Home visits/Pine Ridge outreach, second and fourth Thursdays, back at 2 p.m.
The office number is 264-4013, fax number is 264-4014, cell number is 946-3590 and e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Bring your DD Form 214 (Discharge) for completing applications to VA programs or benefits for which the veteran may be entitled to, and a copy for filing in the Archuleta County VSO office. If the office is closed, I am out assisting veterans; leave me a message and phone number to contact you.
The following veterans’ groups meet in Pagosa Springs:
• American Legion Post 108: second Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m., 287 Hermosa St.
• American Legion Post 108 Ladies Auxiliary: second Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m., 287 Hermosa St.
• Veterans for Veterans: every Tuesday at 10 a.m., Quality Resort.
• Women’s Group of Spouses of Veterans: every other Monday at 6 p.m., St. Patrick’s Episcopal Parish Hall, 225 S. Pagosa Blvd. Contact Charlotte: 731-1025.
• Point Man Ministries’ Breakfast for Veterans at 8:30 a.m. each Tuesday at Buffalo Inn, 164 N. Pagosa Blvd. Contact Vincent: 731-2769, email@example.com.