- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
By Margaret Gallegos
Special to The Pagosa Springs SUN Online
With the upcoming town general election on April 8, the town would like to inform its citizens, public officials and sign installers about the town’s regulations regarding political signs.
Please note that the town’s political sign code is different than that of Archuleta County and other property owner associations.
For properties within the town’s limits, the regulations specify that:
1. Political signs shall be 6 square feet or smaller.
2. Political signs may be displayed for up to 45 days before the sponsored political event or election and must be removed no more than three days following the event or election (April 12).
3. Only one sign per candidate or ballot issue is allowed per property (lot) and shall be placed on private property with permission of the property owner.
4. Political signage on any public property or within the public road or alley right of way is prohibited and signs will be removed.
5. Political signs in compliance with the above regulations do not require a sign permit or fee.
Please contact the town planning department at 264-4151 or visit us at 551 Hot Springs Blvd. with any questions.