Obituary-William T. Richards, Jr.

obit-richardsWilliam T. “Tom” Richards, Jr. passed away peacefully in Bullhead City, Ariz., on Feb. 14, 2013.

Tom was born on Jan. 3, 1934, in Bayfield, Colo., to W.T. and Esther Richards. Tom’s parents, brother and five sisters preceded him in death.

Tom was married for 49 years to his wife, Wyoma. Wyoma passed away in 2006. Tom served in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict.

Tom served the great state of Colorado as a Colorado highway patrolman for 32 years. After retiring from the Colorado State Patrol, Tom served as the sheriff of Archuleta County for 16 years.

Tom is survived by his daughter, Mary; son, Bill; and his grandchildren, Lacee and Craig.

Services will be held at 11 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 25, 2013, at the Ross Aragon Community Center, with interment immediately following at the Pine River Cemetery in Bayfield.

This story was posted on February 21, 2013.

6 Responses to Obituary-William T. Richards, Jr.

1. Pat Martinez-Lopez

February 22, 2013 at 6:10 am

I will always smile whenever I think of Bill. He was one of us.

2. Timothy Girardin

February 22, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I will miss Tom he was a good friend he knew me my whole life and everyone has my sympathy for his loss

3. Jerry Curtis

February 22, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Our condolences go out to Tom’s family. He was a dear friend and he will be missed by so many.
    Jerry & Carol Curtis
    Fredericksburg, TX

4. Dena Bledsoe Baird

February 24, 2013 at 8:56 am

So sorry to hear of Tom’s passing. I worked with him when he was sheriff. Great man, good friend and outstanding law enforcement fellow. He will be missed.
    Buzz Baird
    Clayton, NM

5. Ray Lucas

February 25, 2013 at 11:20 am

Tom, you will be sincerely missed. You were a good law enforcement officer and friend.
    Ray Lucas, Pagosa Springs

6. Larry Pool

February 28, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I served with Tom as a Colorado State Trooper and I will miss his friendly smile and listening to the jokes that he always came up with. We were good friends. He was a good State Trooper and he enjoyed the company of others from Archuleta County. He will be missed. Mary and Bill you must carry on his good name.