- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
By James Dickhoff
Special to The SUN
The Town of Pagosa Springs continues its search for new members for the planning commission.
The commission is seeking interested individuals who are town residents to fill vacancies. The planning commission includes five regular members and two alternate members, each serving a four-year volunteer term. Regular meetings are held once a month, on the second Tuesday at 5 p.m. in the Town Hall Council Chambers.
The planning commission has the decision-making authorities listed in the Land Use Development Code, Table 2.2-1, including the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop and recommend to the town council new policies, ordinances, administrative procedures, and other means that allow expansion to be accomplished in a coordinated and efficient manner;
2. Conduct studies and recommend to the town council, any other new plans, goals, and objectives relating to growth, development, and redevelopment of the Town;
3. Act in the capacity of the Design Review Board, unless the Board has been otherwise appointed;
4. Act in the capacity of the Board of Adjustment, unless the Board has been otherwise appointed;
5. Adopt rules and regulations governing the procedures and operations of the Planning Commission; and
6. Perform any other duties assigned by the Town Council.
In general, the planning commission is responsible for reviewing development plans to ensure compliance with the Town Land Use Development Code, making decisions regarding development applications and providing recommendations to town council. The town planner works with the planning commission and provides the necessary background information and documentation so the best possible educated decisions and recommendations can be made.
The Land Use Development Code can be viewed on the town’s web page, TownofPagosaSprings.Com>Departments>Planning>Land Use Development Code or viewed at Town Hall, 551 Hot Springs Blvd.
Contact James Dickhoff, town planning director at 264-4151, Ext. 225, if you have any questions regarding your interest in the planning commission vacancies.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest to the Town of Pagosa Springs Planning Department no later than April 19, 2013, to the TOPS Planning Department, P.O. Box 1859, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147 or e-mail the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vetted letters of interest will be forwarded to the town council, which will appoint new planning commissioners.