- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
By James Dickhoff
Special to The SUN
This is a great opportunity for those interested in serving our community: The Pagosa Springs Town Planning Commission is seeking interested town residents to fill commission vacancies.
Currently, the two non-town resident board seats are filled.
The planning commission consists of five regular members and two alternate members, each serving a four-year volunteer term. Regular meetings are held once a month, on the second Tuesday, at 5 p.m. in the Town Hall Council Chambers.
The planning commission has the decision-making authorities listed in the Land Use Development Code, Table 2.2-1, including the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop and recommend to the Town Council new policies, ordinances, administrative procedures and other means that allow expansion to be accomplished in a coordinated and efficient manner;
2. Conduct studies and recommend to the Town Council any other new plans, goals and objectives relating to growth, development and redevelopment of the town;
3. Act in the capacity of the Design Review Board, unless the board has been otherwise appointed;
4. Act in the capacity of the Board of Adjustment, unless the board has been otherwise appointed;
5. Adopt rules and regulations governing the procedures and operations of the Planning Commission; and
6. Perform any other duties assigned by the Town Council.
In general, the planning commission is responsible for reviewing development plans to ensure compliance with the Town Land Use Development Code, make decisions regarding development applications and to provide recommendations to Town Council. The town planner works with the planning commission and provides the necessary background information and documentation so that the best possible educated decisions and Town Council recommendations can be achieved.
The Land Use Development Code can be viewed on the Town’s webpage, TownofPagosaSprings.Com > Departments > Planning > Land Use Development Code, or viewed at Town Hall at 551 Hot Springs Blvd.
Contact James Dickhoff, town planning director, at 264-4151, Ext. 225, if you have any questions regarding your interest in the planning commission vacancies.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest to the Town of Pagosa Springs Planning Department. Letters can be mailed to the TOPS Planning Department, P.O. Box 1859, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of interest will be forwarded to the Town Council, which will appoint new planning commissioners.