- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
By Udgar Parsons
Special to The SUN
The next regular monthly meeting of the “Imagine Downtown” group will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Feb 28, at the Ross Aragon Community Center in the South Conference Room.
The purpose of the group is to put into action the initiatives suggested by the Downtown Colorado Inc. (DCI) Team when they came and did an assessment on Nov. 13-14, 2012.
All are welcome to attend, share ideas and take part in this effort to revitalize our downtown. Group members would like to extend a special invitation to downtown business or property owners and downtown residents to participate in determining the future of the downtown.
The topics for discussion at the next meeting are:
• Introduce new Imagine Downtown Steering Committee Members.
• Share a few highlights of the DCI written report.
• The Geothermal Greenhouse Project (GGP) will provide an update on the project, plans and invite discussion about how to use the GGP to support downtown revitalization.
• The Town Tourism Committee (TTC) will share plans for the Overlook structure and get feedback. Town Council has instructed the TTC to include Imagine Downtown participation in this developing project to ensure we are working together.
• Habitat for Humanity will share information and solicit support for the “Neighbors Helping Neighbors” program, which could help revitalize residential areas downtown to contribute to the larger Imagine Downtown effort. They will also share plans for their annual “Recycled Art” exhibit and fund-raiser, which they hope to hold downtown.
• Updates from BIG and TOPDOG, the teams already ongoing.
Please join us and be a part of revitalizing the heart of the community — our downtown. We meet monthly on the last Thursday of each month.