- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
The holiday season is in full swing in Pagosa Country, as a variety of festivities happening this weekend attest to.
For a little extra holiday cheer, check out the following:
Friday, Dec. 6
• The Festival of Trees at the Ross Aragon Community Center kicks off at 7 p.m. Enjoy some hors d’oeuvres, as well as a cash bar, before the live auction starts. Tickets are on sale now for $15 and will be $20 at the door. You can reserve a table for eight people for $150. For more information, call 264-4152.
• Women of Faith. Centerpoint Church is hosting a Women of Faith Christmas simulcast. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the simulcast is from 6 to 8:30. For women of all ages. Tickets are $5 each or five for $20. Tickets are available at the Centerpoint Church office, or contact Susan McAdams at 903-2472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Pagosa Springs Girls’ Choir performs with the Pagosa Springs Choral Society at Pagosa Springs High School in its annual Christmas concert. The concert is free and open to the public. Concert times are Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7, at 7 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 8, 4 p.m.
• The World Craft Fair will feature an exquisite collection of handmade gifts, home decor, Christmas decorations, musical instruments, toys, jewelry, personal accessories and more. Located at Restoration Fellowship, 264 Village Drive, behind City Market. Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. For more information, contact Carole Nasralla at 731-0411.
• “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus” will be presented by the Whatchamawhozits Children’s Theatre at the Pagosa Springs Center for the Arts in the Breaks Black Box Theatre. Show times are Saturday at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5 and can only be purchased at the door.
Saturday, Dec. 7
• GECKO presents the ”Sweaty Santa,” a noncompetitive 3k and 5k run-jog-walk (or snowshoe), 10 a.m. at the Ross Aragon Community Center. A family event for all ages and abilities starts and finishes at the center. Get some fresh air on this downtown route that will be held snow or shine (bring your snowshoes if you need to). $15 for 5k and $12 for 3k for adults. Kids 10 and under are free. Registration on the day only, from 9 a.m.
Sunday, Dec. 8
• Christmas Tea at St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church, from 2-4 p.m. Tickets for $5 will be available at the church office Tuesdays-Thursdays between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. while they last. All proceeds are donated to local charities. St. Patrick’s is located at 225 S. Pagosa Blvd. Call 731-5801 for more information.
• Open house at Navajo State Park, on the Colorado side of the reservoir. Reservoir staff will host a holiday open house, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 8, at the Visitors Center. Refreshments provided; all bookstore items discounted 15 percent this day only, some items discounted 40 percent.