- Arts & Entertainment
- Photo and Video
By Tim Moore
Special to The PREVIEW
Killer rabbits, zippers that go all the way, and a “Southie” reconnecting with her old flame — they’re all on stage this summer at the Pagosa Springs Center for the Arts.
Thingamajig Theatre Company presents its 2013 Summer Season with these Tony Award winning titles, “Monty Python’s Spamalot,” “The Full Monty” and “Good People.” Tickets go on sale beginning May 1-June 13..
Opening the season June 14 with King Arthur’s hapless knights is “Monty Python’s Spamalot” (Colorado premiere). Winner of the 2005 Tony Award for Best Musical, “Monty Python’s Spamalot,” the musical comedy sensation lovingly ripped off from the film classic “Monty Python and The Holy Grail,” now returns to spread laughter and cheer throughout the kingdom. Spamalot tells the tale of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table as they embark on their quest for the Holy Grail. Run dates: June 14-Aug. 11.
On June 22, the men of Buffalo, N.Y., prepare to entertain in “The Full Monty.” “The Full Monty,” a musical version of the 1997 film of the same name, follows six unemployed Buffalo steelworkers frustrated with money, women, and life without a paycheck. Determined to be the best Chippendale-style strippers Buffalo, N.Y., has ever seen, the workaday men dance their way through a strip club act that ultimately teaches them what it really means to be a man. Run dates: June 21-Aug. 8.
Concluding the season Aug. 16 is the powerful play by David Lindsay-Abaire, “Good People” (Colorado premiere). In this humor-laced drama, Pulitzer Prize winner Lindsay-Abaire (“Rabbit Hole”) explores the struggles, shifting loyalties and unshakeable hopes that come with having next to nothing in America. Run dates: Aug. 16-Sept. 1.
Enjoy these exciting and thought-provoking titles, performed professionally, right here in Pagosa Springs before any theatre company in Colorado get the production rights.
Thingamajig Theatre Company continues to bring you the best entertainment at the most affordable prices. Our 2013 Summer passes start at just $64 for seating at all three shows. If seating location is a high priority, you’ll want the “save-your-seat” add-on for only $10 per subscription.
You’re guaranteed the same locations in the seats you choose (availability is limited). For those wishing to become a donor and see all the shows, Thingamajig has you covered. A Donor’s Season Ticket subscription at $120 affords you a tax deduction in addition to all the same ticket privileges, including the save-your-seat, built in to one price.
Your perks include:
• The best seats. Season ticket holders get access to great seats before groups and the general public and reserved seats are available only to season ticket holders.
• The price. Season ticket holders save up to 30 percent versus purchasing tickets individually.
• Ticket exchange privileges. Allows you to choose an alternate date of the same engagement.
• Ticket forwarding. Want to give your tickets to a friend? It’s a simple phone call to the box office.
• Champagne Openings. The Champagne Openings are not only a great way to enjoy complimentary food and drink before the show while enjoying the theatre on opening night, but when you attend this event, you can return to see the production again at a later date for free when you bring a paying guest.
• Guaranteed access. You won’t miss a show. We ensure there is a place for you in all of the productions in your series.
Season tickets start at just $64 for the entire run. Make theatre a part of your life by visiting www.pagosacenter.org or calling 731-SHOW for tickets and information.