Archuleta County Education Center is pleased to be continuing the partnership with Southwest Colorado Community College (SCCC), a division of Pueblo Community College this fall.
Our maiden voyage last fall was a strong success, made evident by the number of students who enrolled in spring of 2012, classes tripled from the number of students who enrolled in fall of 2011. The mission of the partnership between ACEC and SCCC is multi-faceted:
The Alternative High School Diploma Program serves 17-21 year old students who need a different approach to completing their high school diploma. The yearlong program is a competency-based program using WorkKeys job-related work skills topics.
College services available:
• Financial aid assistance.
• Advising for a degree plan.
• Accuplacer college entrance tests administered.
• Application process support.
• Registration to Southwest Colorado Community College classes.
• New student orientation workshops.
College classes offered in a variety of ways:
• Traditional, instructor/classroom in person.
• Live interactive video conferencing from Durango, Pueblo, Freemont campuses at our Pagosa site.
• Online. Computers available at our Pagosa site.
To begin or continue your college career and to learn specific classes being offered this fall, contact Pagosa’s SCCC, advisor, Lynell Wiggers, at email@example.com or 264-2835.
Other opportunities at ACEC:
Monthly First Aid/CPR classes.
Beginning Windows, Word, Excel, Quickbooks classes.
Intermediate Word, Excel classes.
Social media computer classes.
After-school enrichment programs, K-8.
After-school tutoring programs, K-8.