From a budding opera starlet to a Woodstock icon, the Pagosa Springs Center for the Arts Summer Concert Series creates a cultural experience of distinction.
The eight-week series runs from July 10 through Aug. 28. Series tickets are now available at www.pagosacenter.org or by calling 731-SHOW (7469).
• July 10. “Classical Music, Jazz and Comedy.” Larry Elginer, trumpeter and vocalist extraordinaire, is accompanied by a wondrous assemblage of noble players.
• July 17.“A Fiesta of Mexican and Caribbean Melodies,” by the Chicago Marimba Ensemble.
• July 23. 24. “Country Joe McDonald.” Legendary rock star and leader of Country Joe and the Fish performs great songs of the ’60s.
• July 31. “Intoxicating Melodies from Brazil, Spain, Latin America and Africa.” Singer/songwriter Andrew Dahl-Bredine offers up a mesmerizing potpourri of songs.
•Aug. 7. “A World of Music” Multi-instrumentalists Carla Roberts and Paul Roberts perform exotic music from around the globe. Special guests include Matthew and Tifffany Brunson and colorful dancers.
• Aug. 14. “Cool to Caliente!” Jessica Peterson performs flute music of the Americas accompanied by pianists Harvey Schwartz and Sally Neel.
• Aug. 21. “Jeff Scroggins and Colorado.”High energy, high mountain bluegrass with award winning musicians.
• Aug. 28. “Cherise Lukow.” A highly gifted opera starlet conveys emotions with rare artistic beauty.
Concerts are $18 in advance and $22 at the door — except the concerts featuring Country Joe McDonald and Cherise Lukow. Country Joe McDonald — July 23 and 24 — is $28 in advance, $35 at the door. Cherise Lukow — Aug. 28 — is $26 in advance, $30 at the door.
Series tickets are available through July 1. The $120 price includes all eight concerts, a 35-percent discount. Series tickets are good for one ticket per show and are transferable to another person (but not another show). Series ticket holders will be on the will-call list and we reserve the right to sell your seat if you have not checked in by 6:55 p.m. for the 7 p.m. show.
Join us for an inspiring musical adventure at the Pagosa Springs Center for the Arts Summer Concert Series. The series is produced in collaboration with Elation Center for the Arts, with special thanks to The Pagosa Springs SUN, for its sponsorship, and to sound engineer Jeffrey Heinzleman, for his help in producing the series.