All across the United States, American Red Cross volunteers help save lives in many different ways. Each year hundreds of thousands of volunteers donate their time and talents, but we need your help to continue to provide vital services in the Archuleta County area.
Southwest Colorado Chapter of the American Red Cross is always looking for new volunteers in our community. It’s an easy way to contribute to the well being of our fellow citizens in many different ways. If you have a few hours a month, we can train you to provide the following services:
• Disaster Services — assisting victims of flooding, winter storms and other disasters, including families forced from their home by fire.
• Provide Community Disaster Education training.
• Learn to teach First Aid and CPR classes.
• Facilitate emergency communications between military personnel and their families.
• Donate professional expertise in accounting, finance, public relations and information technology.
• Fill leadership roles by being a member of our board of directors.
If you are interested in being a disaster services volunteer, you can attend the next meeting of the Archuleta County Disaster Action Team on Monday, Feb. 7 at 5:30 p.m. at the Archuleta County Office of Emergency Management on Piedra Road next to the airport. You can call (970) 759-8438 for further information. Please go to www.coloradoredcross.org and fill out a volunteer application online once you decide to take the next step in becoming a Red Cross volunteer. You may also contact our office at (970) 259-5383.