Congregation Har Shalom in Durango has planned several events for early December.
• Friday, Dec. 4, 5:30 p.m. — B’Nai Mitzvah potluck dinner and program with Rabbi at the Stills home. Call Marla, 247-2992.
• Saturday, Dec. 5, 10 a.m. — Torah Service led by Rabbi Baskin, potluck luncheon to follow. Call Susan Sheely, (970) 779-0979.
• Saturday, Dec. 5, p.m., 5:30 p.m. — Second annual Chanukat HaBayit Hop — blessing of new homes and hanging mezzuzot. Appetizers, noshes and dessert. If you would like to participate and have your home blessed and a mezzuzah hung, contact Susan Sheely.
• Sunday, Dec. 6, 9:30 a.m: —Judaism 360 “What in the world? Comparative religions and Judaism: Christianity and Jews for Jesus. Call Susan Sheely.
• Friday, Dec. 11, 10 a.m. — Shalom Yeladim Hanukkah. Call Jesse, 259-8308, for information.
• Friday, Dec. 11, 5:30 p.m. — Congregation Har Shalom Hanukkah celebration potluck latke dinner. Group menorah lighting. Singing and games. Bring your own menorah and candles. Bring latkes or a delicious dish to share. Call Marla, 247-2992.
Ruach Tovah religious school class is sponsoring a food drive for the Durango Food Bank. Ruach Tovah students will take a field trip to the Durango Food Bank on Dec. 17 and will deliver the food then. Please bring canned or boxed food to the receptacles at Har Shalom during the Hanukkah Celebration or any time during a visit to the synagogue.
• Saturdays, 10 a.m.: Shabbat morning services followed by kiddush and a potluck lunch.
Please join us for Shabbat morning services at 10 a.m., led by members of Congregation Har Shalom. Services will be followed by kiddush, lunch (potluck) and learning/storytelling/singing. Bring a story, d’var torah, or a song to share. For more information, contact Eli at 382-2262 or email@example.com.