The congregation and the Vicar of Trinity Anglican Church, a mission parish of the Reformed Episcopal Church (REC), are very happy to announce the completion of our new church building at 246 Harman Park Drive.
It is a modest, gray building with dark red trim in the style of a 19th century Western church and will seat about 70 worshipers. The building is located on the north side of Harman Park drive about a block and a half east of the Fred Harman Museum. Our first worship service in the building will be a Celebration of the Holy Eucharist at 10 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 4. A Service of Consecration of the building will be held sometime in the future at the convenience of the Bishop.
The nucleus of the Trinity congregation came together in the spring of 2003, and began worshiping together in the Masonic Lodge under the leadership of Lay Readers. In 2004, they invited the Rev. Marvin Moncrief to come for a visit. At that time there was also a fledgling congregation of the Reformed Episcopal Church in Durango, and Rev. Moncrief moved here from Phoenix, Ariz., to serve both churches. He was Trinity’s Vicar up through September 2008.
Randolph Constantine was a Lay Reader in the Durango church, took courses at the REC seminary in Phoenix and was ordained a Deacon in October 2007. He became Curate of Trinity Church in November of 2007 and Vicar in 2008 when Rev. Moncrief resigned to go full-time into jail ministry.
Trinity Anglican Church holds services according to traditional Anglican liturgy from the 1928 American and the 1662 English Prayer Books.
Our regular Sunday service is a service of Holy Communion at 10 a.m. All baptized Christians are welcome at the Lord’s table.
Everyone is welcome at our services.
For more information, call Deacon Constantine at 884-4341.