A special meeting of the board of directors of the Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District has been scheduled for today, May 11, at 4 p.m.
The primary purpose of the meeting is for joint discussions with members of the board of directors of the San Juan Water Conservancy District related to various water matters and development of raw water projects. The boards of directors are expected to enter into executive session for the purposes of discussing matters related to land acquisition for development of raw water facilities and other matters subject to negotiation involving both districts pursuant to Sections 24-6-402(4)(a) and 24-6-402(4)(e), C.R.S. The meeting will be held at the district’s administrative offices located at 100 Lyn Ave.
Proposed agenda is as follows:
1. Call to order.
2. Executive session pursuant to sections as above described.
3. Return to open session.
4. Discussion and considerations of Dry Gulch Reservoir Project.
A. Conservation Easement Transaction Fee Agreement (third party).
B. USFS Land Exchange – Special Use Permit and Collection Agreement.
D. Site tour.
5. Legislative update.
6. Recap of fees, planning and community sustainability efforts.
7. Public outreach.
8. Discussion of Park Ditch Company and repairs .
9. Any other business brought before the board will be duly considered.
A work session and regular meeting of the board of directors of the Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District have been scheduled for Tuesday, May 12, at 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. respectively. The work session and regular meeting will be held at the district’s administrative office located at 100 Lyn Ave.
The proposed agenda is as follows:
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of consent agenda:
• Minutes — special meeting 04/13/09 and regular meeting 04/14/09.
• Staff reports — Projects update: Meadows Wells Abandonment Project.
3. Public comment.
4. Projects update:
• Elimination of Highlands Lagoon.
• Biosolids alternative development.
• Water Conservation Plan — Catch the Wave campaign.
5. Consideration of resolution establishing a Local Preference Policy.
6. Request from Herb and Charleen Stipe for consideration of expenses due to wastewater blockage.
7. Consideration of Water Leak Policy.
8. Consideration of proposal from MWH Americas, Inc. for evaluation of Snowball water transmission line and diversion
9. Report on investments.
10. Any other business brought before the board will be duly considered.